MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL – The Minnesota Lynx today announced the team’s schedule for the upcoming 2019 season. The Lynx will kick off their 21st WNBA season, presented by Mayo Clinic by welcoming the Chicago Sky to Target Center on Saturday, May 25 at 7:00 p.m. The 2019 campaign includes 34 regular-season games from May 25 through Sept. 6. Full season memberships are available by visiting lynxbasketball.com/membership or calling 612-673-8400. Single-game tickets will be released at a later date.
The 2019 season slate includes four total nationally televised games, one on ABC (June 8 vs. Los Angeles) and three on ESPN2 (July 6 at Connecticut, Aug. 22 vs. Dallas and Sept. 8 at Los Angeles).
Minnesota’s 17-game Target Center schedule includes 10 weekend games (three Friday, three Saturday, four Sunday), two on Tuesday, three on Wednesday and two on Thursday. The annual Camp Day game presented by Delta Dental of Minnesota is set for Wednesday, July 24 at 12:00 p.m. when Minnesota hosts Washington. The Lynx have one four-game homestand (Aug. 22-Sept. 1) and one three-game homestand (June 14-22), while their longest road trip will be three games in length (July 6-12).
The home half of the schedule is highlighted by a pair of visits from 2018 Most Valuable Player Breanna Stewart and the reigning WNBA champions Seattle Storm (Wednesday, May 29 and Friday, July 17). Other notable matchups include two games vs. Diana Taurasi and the Phoenix Mercury (Thursday, June 6 and Sunday, July 14) along with a single visit from the Los Angeles Sparks on Saturday, June 8.
Minnesota’s preseason schedule and 2019 local television broadcast schedule will be announced at a later date. Following are key facts regarding the Lynx’ 2019 regular season schedule.
Download schedule as PDF.
Key Facts about the 2019 Lynx Regular Season Schedule
- By month, the schedule breaks down as follows: May (2 home = 2 total), June (5 home, 5 away = 10 total), July (4 home, 4 away = 8 total), August (5 home, 6 away = 11 total), September (1 home, 2 away = 3 total).
- By day, the schedule breaks down as follows: Monday (0 total), Tuesday (2 home, 5 away = 7 total), Wednesday (3 home, 2 away = 5 total), Thursday (2 home = 2 total), Friday (3 home, 2 away = 5 total), Saturday (3 home, 3 away = 6 total), Sunday (4 home, 5 away = 9 total).
- Minnesota’s home schedule will feature four different starting times: 11 games tip off at 7:00 p.m., four Sunday games will commence at 6:00 p.m., one Wednesday game will start at 12:00 p.m. and one Saturday game will tip off at 2:30 p.m.
- The Lynx will begin the regular season at home against Chicago on Saturday, May 25, the 14th time in franchise history they’ve started at home and fifth consecutive season doing so. Minnesota’s road schedule begins with a two-game road trip to Dallas on June 1 and Seattle on June 4.
- For the first time since 2015, Minnesota will enjoy a four-game homestand: Aug. 22-Sept. 1 (vs. Dallas, Las Vegas, Chicago and Indiana). The Lynx will also have one three-game homestand: June 14-22 (vs. Connecticut, Las Vegas and New York).
- The most consecutive road games this season for the Lynx is three: July 6-12 (at Connecticut, Chicago and Atlanta). Minnesota has six stretches of two consecutive road games: June 1-4 (at Dallas and Seattle), June 25-30 (at Indiana and Dallas), Aug. 3-6 (at Indiana and Atlanta), Aug. 11-13 (at Washington and New York), Aug. 18-20 (at Seattle and Los Angeles) and Sept. 6-8 (at Phoenix and Los Angeles).
- Minnesota will not play any sets of games on back-to-back nights this season, compared to having to do so once in 2018.
Lynx 2019 Opponent Breakdown
Dallas (H: 8/22; A: 6/1, 6/30); Las Vegas (H: 6/16, 8/25; A: 7/21); Los Angeles (H: 6/8; A: 8/20, 9/8); Phoenix (H: 6/6, 7/14; A: 9/6); Seattle (H: 5/29, 7/17; A: 6/4, 8/18).
Atlanta (H: 7/2; A: 7/12, 8/6); Chicago (H: 5/25, 8/27; A: 7/10); Connecticut (H: 6/14, 8/9; A: 7/6); Indiana (H: 9/1; A: 6/25, 8/3); New York (H: 6/22; A: 6/12, 8/13); Washington (H: 7/24, 8/16; A: 8/11).