MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL – The Minnesota Lynx today announced the team’s schedule for the upcoming 2022 season. The Lynx will tip off their 24th WNBA season, presented by Mayo Clinic, on the road at Seattle on Friday, May 6 at 9:00 p.m. CT. Minnesota’s home opener at Target Center will be on Sunday, May 8 at 6:00 p.m. with a matchup against Washington. The 2022 campaign features a league record-high 36 regular-season games from May 6 through Aug. 14. Full season memberships are available by visiting lynxbasketball.com/membership or calling 612-673-8400. Single-game tickets will be released at a later date.
Minnesota’s 18-game Target Center schedule includes 11 weekend games (four Friday, one Saturday, six Sunday) and seven weekday games (four Tuesday, one Wednesday, two Thursday). The annual Camp Day game is set for Wednesday, July 6 at 12:00 p.m. when Minnesota hosts Chicago. The Lynx have a six-game homestand (June 28-July 14) and one three-game homestand (June 10-14). The away portion of the schedule features three road trips with at least three games in length (May 17-21, June 1-7, July 28-Aug. 3).
The first half of the schedule is highlighted by a visit from the reigning WNBA Champion Chicago Sky on Saturday, May 14. Other notable matchups include Los Angeles on Tuesday, May 17 on the road and a home contest on Sunday, May 29. The first half wraps up with a two-game stint against the Phoenix Mercury on June 21 and June 23.
Minnesota’s 2022 preseason and television broadcast schedule will be announced at a later date. Following are key facts regarding the Lynx’ 2022 regular season schedule. The full schedule is also available for download in PDF form.
Key Facts about the 2022 Lynx Regular Season Schedule
- By month, the schedule breaks down as follows: May (4 home, 5 away = 9 total), June (5 home, 6 away = 11 total), July (7 home, 4 away = 11 total), August (2 home, 3 away = 5 total).
- By day, the schedule breaks down as follows: Monday (0 total), Tuesday (4 home, 4 away = 8 total), Wednesday (1 home, 3 away = 4 total), Thursday (2 home, 2 away = 4 total), Friday (4 home, 2 away = 6 total), Saturday (1 home, 1 away = 2 total), Sunday (6 home, 6 away = 12 total).
- Minnesota’s 18-game home schedule will feature five different starting times (all times central): nine games tip off at 7:00 p.m., seven games will commence at 6:00 p.m., one game will begin at 12:00 p.m. and one game will start at 8:00 p.m.
- The Lynx will begin the regular season slate on the road against Seattle on Friday, May 6 marking the eighth time in franchise history the club has opened on the road and first time since 2014. Minnesota’s home opener will be a matchup against Washington on Sunday, May 8 at 6:00 p.m.
- Minnesota will enjoy a six-game homestand from July 1-14 (vs. Dallas, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Chicago, Phoenix and Dallas). The Lynx will also have one three-game homestand: June 28- July 14 (vs. Washington, Indiana and Seattle).
- The Commissioner’s Cup will return for its second consecutive season with 10 games, the first home and first away matchup against conference rivals, designated as “Cup games”. Minnesota’s first Cup game will be at Seattle on Friday, May 6 and the final Cup game will be on Friday, July 1 against Las Vegas. Five contests will be at home (May 29, June 14, June 23, June 28, and July 1) and five on the road (May 6, May 17, May 19, May 21, and June 21). The Commissioner’s Cup Championship Game will tip off on Tuesday, July 26. Additional details will be announced at a later date.
- The most consecutive road games this season for the Lynx are three strings of three from May 17-21 (at Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Dallas), June 1-7 (at Atlanta, New York and New York) and July 28 – Aug. 3 (at Atlanta, Los Angeles and Seattle). Minnesota will also have two stretches of two consecutive road games: June 19-21 (at Las Vegas and Phoenix) and July 15-17 (at Phoenix and Dallas).
- The WNBA All-Star 2022 game will be played on Sunday, July 10. More information about the All-Star weekend will be released at a later date.
Lynx 2022 Opponent Breakdown
Dallas (H: 6/28,7/14; A: 5/21); Las Vegas (H: 7/1,7/3; A: 5/19,6/19); Los Angeles (H: 5/29; A: 5/17,7/31); Phoenix (H: 6/23, 7/12; A:6/21, 8/10); Seattle (H: 6/14, 8/12; A: 5/6, 8/3).
Atlanta (H: 8/7; A: 6/1, 7/28); Chicago (H: 5/14, 7/6; A: 6/26); Connecticut (H: 7/22, 7/24; A: 8/14); Indiana (H: 6/12; A: 5/10, 7/15); New York (H: 5/24; A: 6/5, 6/7); Washington (H: 5/8, 6/10; A: 7/17).