Notes from Saturday’s win:
- In her first start of the season, Rachel Banham tallied a double-double with career highs in points (29), assists (10), field goals made (10), field goals attempted (14), three-pointers made (7-of-8) and minutes played (33:50).
- With her 29 points and 10 assists, Banham becomes the third player in WNBA history to have such a stat line, joining Jia Perkins (39pts/10asts, 6/292007) and Diana Taurasi (35pts/11asts, 8/1/2010).
- Banham’s career-high seven three pointers match the franchise record for threes made in a game (Katie Smith, 6/14/03 vs Seattle and Maya Moore, 7/22/14 vs. Atlanta).
- Banham’s 29 points tie the highest point total by a Lynx player this season (Crystal Dangerfield, 8/9 vs. Los Angeles) and break Collier’s record for most points in her first Lynx start (27 vs. Chicago, 5/25/19).
- Napheesa Collier contributed 23 points, shooting 10-of-14 from the field in a game-high 37:06 minutes of play. Collier recorded 20+ points for the seventh time this season.
- Damiris Dantas notched 15 points and eight assists in 32:07 minutes of play, accounting for her eighth 15+ point game of the season and her first 15+ point/5+ assist game of the season.
- Odyssey Sims finished with 12 points and seven assists, marking her sixth double-digit outing of the season.
- In the six games through the month of September, Sims has averaged 13.0 points, 2.2 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 52.8 FG% (28-of-53), 46.2 3Pt% (6-of-13), 88.9 FT% (16-of-18) and 2.30-to-1 ast/TO all in 21.5 min per game
- With Banham (10), Dantas (8) and Sims (7) all contributing at least seven assists it marks the first time the Lynx have ever had three players credited with 7+ assists in the same game.
- In 19:18 off the bench, Shenise Johnson contributed 10 points, three rebounds and three steals.
Minnesota Team Notes
- Minnesota finishes at a season-high 55.1% from the floor, its seventh 50%+ performance of 2020. All-time, the Lynx are now 35-1 when hitting 55% or better (31-0 since 2011).
- Tonight was Minnesota’s 232nd victory since 2011, breaking its own WNBA record for most wins in a 10-year span (231).
- The Lynx dished out 29 assists tonight, their second highest total of the season (30, vs Los Angeles, 8/31).
- Minnesota outscored Indiana in points in the paint 40-26, registering 40+ points in the paint for the fifth time this season.
End of Regular Season Notes
- In her sophomore season, Collier finished averaging 16.1 points, 9.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.3 blocks. She joins Lisa Leslie (2006), Tamika Catchings (2007) and Candace Parker (2012 and 2015) as the only players in WNBA history to hold season averages of at least 15.0 points, 9.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.5 steals and 1.0 blocks.
- Rachel Banham (47.2%, 25-for-53) and Bridget Carleton (45.7%, 21-for-46) both finish the 2020 season breaking Maya Moore’s single-season club record for 3-point accuracy (45.3% in 2013).
- Crystal Dangerfield finished her rookie season playing in 21 games (19 starts). During those 21 games, Dangerfield (92.2%, 59-for-64) broke Katie Smith’s single-season club record for free throw accuracy (89.9% in 2004).
- As a team, the 2020 Lynx set a new franchise record for FT accuracy in a season at 81.8%. They shot 81.7% in 2015.
- Minnesota set single-season club records for three-pointers made (8.27) and attempted (21.50) per game, bettering the previous marks of 7.12 and 20.44, respectively, from 2009. This year’s 38.5% accuracy is the 2nd-best for a full season in franchise history (40.0% in 2012, from the shorter 20’6.25” distance).