“Train Like the Pros” Promotion
Presented by Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. MUST BE A CURRENT YOUTH (6TH GRADE+) OR HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL COACH, OR PARENT/GUARDIAN OF A YOUTH ATHLETE WITHIN ONE OF THESE MINNESOTA COUNTIES: ANOKA, CARVER, CHISAGO, DAKOTA, DODGE, HENNEPIN, ISANTI, MOWER, OLMSTED, SCOTT, SHERBURNE, WABASHA, WASHINGTON, OR WRIGHT.
- To Enter: The “Train Like the Pros” sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes“) begins at 12:00 AM CDT on June 12, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM CDT on August 7, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period“). Within the Sweepstakes Period there will be a total of two (2) grand prize winners selected. The winners will be selected on August 8, 2017. To enter for a chance to win, access the Minnesota Lynx website at lynxbasketball.com/partneroffers and follow the on-screen instructions. Multiple entries are permitted, but each entry must be separate. Only one entry is permitted per day during the sweepstakes period.
All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59pm CST on August 7, 2017. All entries become the sole property of Mayo Clinic and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Prize: Each Grand Prize winner (two winners) will receive the following:
- Exclusive team training and nutrition session with EXOS performance specialists/dietitians at Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine located at Mayo Clinic Square
- Four (4) Lynx game tickets to select game
- Access to watch shoot-around
- Photo at center court following the game
- Prize pack
- Estimated Total Prize Value: $1,000
- Winner Determination: The winner will be determined in a random drawing on or about August 8, 2017 by an employee at the Mayo Clinic, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by email or phone on or about August 8, 2017, and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release within 5 days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within 5 days, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at sponsor’s sole discretion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
The recipient will agree to sign a confidentiality agreement and hold confidential any protected health or business confidential information.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Minnesota who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Entrants must reside in one of these Minnesota counties: Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Dodge, Hennepin, Isanti, Mower, Olmsted, Scott, Sherburne, Wabasha, Washington, or Wright. Entrants must be a current youth (6th grade+) or high school basketball coach, or parents/guardian of a youth athlete. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Minnesota Lynx and Mayo Clinic. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event any portion of the prize becomes unavailable. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Minnesota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with participating), and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Limit one (1) grand prize per person/email address/mobile phone number/household. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, seeding, printing, digital or programming failures, or other reasons or any errors cause more than the stated number of prizes to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the indicated number of prizes(s) (if previously not awarded), by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible claimants for prize(s).
By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of the prize winners and travel companions. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winners and travel companions shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winners and/or travel companions from any prize element, based on the background check.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the sweepstakes may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
In consideration of the undersigned’s receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guests, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever shall release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; prize winner’s Sweepstakes entry; use of prize winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
- Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, on-line entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or postage–due mail-in entries, or for on-line entries not received due to lost, failed delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by web-site visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a Prize or any part of a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that entrant may have won as a rules of such importer conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
- Sponsor’s Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Sweepstakes due to mistakes, errors, or omissions by Sponsor, or should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulations, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosure or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Minnesota, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, the entrant agrees that, by entering the Sweepstakes (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damaged multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Further, entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth herein.
- Administration: By entering, entrant agrees to follow these official rules and hold harmless and indemnify Mayo Clinic, the Minnesota Lynx and the WNBA, and its member teams, WNBA Properties, Inc. and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officer, employees, and agents against liability, damages or causes of action (however names or described), with respect to or arising out of either (1) entrants participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion. Mayo Clinic, the Minnesota Lynx and the WNBA expressly reserve the right to amend, suspend or terminate this Offer at any time without prior notice or consent. Administration of this Offer is at the sole discretion of Mayo Clinic, the Minnesota Lynx and the WNBA. Any questions relating to eligibility, these Terms and Conditions or any other questions concerning this Offer will be resolved at the sole discretion of Mayo Clinic, the Minnesota Lynx and the WNBA and their decisions will be final and binding with respect thereto. No requests for exchanges, seat location, or cash equivalent for the tickets will be considered and no substitutions will be made. Qualified individuals must sign any required documents in connection with the Offer as determined by Mayo Clinic, the Minnesota Lynx and the WNBA in their sole and absolute discretion.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and Mayo Clinic, and WNBA Properties, Inc. and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officer, employees, and agents against liability, damages or causes of action (however names or described), with respect to or arising out of either (1) entrants participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion. Mayo Clinic, the Minnesota Lynx and the WNBA expressly reserve the right to amend, suspend or terminate this Offer at any time without prior notice or consent to use entrant’s name, likeness and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
- Winner’s List: For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Train Like the Pros Promotion: Attn Jill Heuer”, 600 Hennepin Ave, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55403. All requests for the winner’s list must be postmarked by August 7, 2017 and received August 13, 2017.
Sponsor: Mayo Clinic and Minnesota Lynx, Minneapolis MN 55403