College: University of Connecticut
• Senior CLASS (Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School) Award Finalist (2018)
• Top-10 Finalist Cheryl Miller Award (2018)
• “Wade Watch” List for Wade Trophy (2018)
• WBCA National Defensive Player of the Year (2017)
• All-American First Team by WBCA and USBWA (2017)
• All-American Associate Press Second Team (2017)
• American Conference First Team (2017)
• American Conference Defensive Player of the Year (2017)
• All-NCAA Tournament Team (2017)
• NCAA All-Bidgeport Regional Team (2017)
• NCAA Division I National Champion (2016)
• NCAA Division I National Champion (2015)
• American Athletic Conference Sixth Player of the Year (2015)
• American Athletic Conference All-Freshman Team (2015)
AT FIRST GLANCE
In the 2017-18 Husky season, Gabby Williams is averaging 10.8 ppg, 7.6 rpg and 5.3 apg. She is leading her team in total assists (168), total steals (82) and total defensive rebounds (196). During the 2016-17 season, Williams scored in double figures 30 times and posted at least 20 points in five games. She also recorded double-digit rebounds 15 times. Became the 43rd player to join UCONN’s 1,000 point club, a mark she reached in the 2016-17 season.
2017-18: Averages 10.7 ppg – 7.7 rpg – 5.2 apg – 58.6 FG% –– 34-0 overall record – in the ACC she ranks 22nd in scoring (10.7), sixth in rebounding (7.67), third in field goal percentage (58.6), second in assists (5.2), third in steals (2.6), and third in defensive rebounds (6.1).
Williams was born on September 9, 1996 to Matthew and Therese Williams. Originally from Sparks, Nevada, she attended Reed High School. There, she led her team to a Class 4A state basketball championship title and also participated in track and field. Her freshman year in track, she won states for high jump, second in 100-meter hurdles and third in 300-meter hurdles. As a sophomore, she won three individual titles in all of those events respectively. She qualified as an alternate for the 2012 London Olympics in high jump. At UCONN Williams is studying Urban and Community studies minoring in Africana Studies. She advocates for veganism and talks about how it has changed her athletic ability, energy and focus positively.