Official HOUSE Rules
Ted williams museum and hitters hall of fame SPLIT RAFFLE
- ELIGIBILITY. The “Split Raffle” (the “Raffle”) is conducted in the State of Minnesota and is only open to participants who, as of the entry date, are at least eighteen (18) years old. Executives, officers, and directors of the Ted Williams Museum, and the executives, officers, directors and senior management of the Minnesota Lynx Fast Break Foundation (the “Fast Break Foundation”), and their immediate families (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such executive, officer, director or senior manager, are not eligible to enter.
- LICENSE. The Raffle is conducted by the Ted Williams Museum and Hitters Hall of Fame, a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization (the “Organization”). The address at which the Ted Williams Museum may be contacted is: Ted Williams Museum and Hitters’ Hall of Fame, 1 Twins Way, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403. The Raffle is conducted pursuant to Minnesota Lawful Gambling License #93396, a copy of which is posted at the premises.
- HOW TO ENTER/RAFFLE DATE AND PERIOD.
- Sales and Sales Period. Raffle tickets will be sold at Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota (the “Target Center”) at locations designated for the sale of Raffle tickets during regular and post season home basketball games of the Minnesota Lynx (“Game”) beginning one (1) hour prior to the Game through the end of the third quarter.
- Purchase Requirements and Prices. Raffle tickets will be sold as described below. Only one (1) ticket is required to be purchased by an eligible individual to enter the Raffle; however, there is no limit to the number of Raffle tickets an eligible individual may purchase.
One (1) Raffle ticket is purchased for a price of $2. Three (3) Raffle tickets are purchased for a total price of $5.
Ten (10) Raffle tickets are purchased for a total price of $10. Forty (40) Raffle tickets are purchased for a total price of $20.
- Raffle Ticket Retention. A Raffle ticket purchaser will be given the Raffle ticket(s) at the time of purchase. If deemed a winning Raffle ticket. The winning Raffle ticket will be retained by the Organization.
- Valid Payment. Raffle tickets may be purchased with cash only. Raffle tickets may not be purchased with personal checks, a credit or debit card. Raffle tickets may be sold only for the price printed on the ticket, and may not be provided free of charge or for any other consideration.
PRIZE; PAYMENT. The Raffle prize (the “Prize”) consists of and is limited to a cash Prize equal to 35% of the gross Raffle ticket sales revenue, up to $50,000. (Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official House Rules, a check in the amount of the Prize, less any withholding or other taxes or assessments required or permitted to be withheld by the Organization under applicable federal, state or local laws or rules will be mailed to the Prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) within thirty (30) days after the Organization has verified the winning Raffle ticket and the Prize Winner has satisfied all terms and conditions of these Official House Rules, including return of all forms and documents, as defined in Section 4(b) below, to the Organization. The Prize Winner is required to be at least eighteen (18) years of age and may be required to withhold federal taxes in accordance with IRS regulations, and will do so as a pre-condition of receiving the Prize money. Prize Winner is otherwise solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, additional taxes, or expenses associated with the Prize award, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the Prize. Prize Winner will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the amount of the Prize, whichever is applicable.
- DRAWING; NOTIFICATION; REDEMPTION; VERIFICATION.
- Drawing and Notification. One (1) winning Raffle ticket will be randomly drawn by the Organization at the Target Center during the fourth (4th) quarter of the Game for selection of the Prize Winner. The winning Raffle ticket number will be (i) displayed on the Target Center scoreboard before the conclusion of the fourth (4th) Quarter of the Game, (ii) posted at the Raffle Kiosk Section 138 (the “Raffle Kiosk”) after the scoreboard announcement, and (iii) posted on the Minnesota Lynx Community website (lynx.wnba.com) for a period of sixty (60) days after the Game. The Prize Winner does not need to be present to win. In the case of a discrepancy between the announced winning Raffle ticket number and the actual winning Raffle ticket number, the actual number will be considered to be the valid and winning ticket number. The Prize Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official House Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
- Redemption. In order to claim the Prize, the holder of the winning Raffle ticket must go in person with the original winning Raffle ticket to the Raffle Kiosk at the Target Center prior to the end of the fourth (4th) quarter of the Game. Winner need not be present to win. In the alternative, the potential Prize winner may bring the winning Raffle ticket to the Minnesota Lynx Office at The Courts at Mayo Clinic Square, 600 Hennepin Avenue, Suite 300, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403 during the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (federal and state holidays excluded), on or before a date that is thirty (30) days after the Game (the “Prize Expiration Date”), and surrender the original winning Raffle ticket and follow the procedures below. If the Prize Expiration Date occurs on a Saturday, Sunday, or federal or state holiday, the Prize Expiration Date will be deemed to occur on the next business day. The potential Prize Winner will be required to provide to the Organization (A) the original winning Raffle ticket (facsimiles, photocopies, scans and mechanically-reproduced Raffle tickets are not eligible), (B) an IRS Form W-9 in the form provided by the Organization and (C) when applicable, an IRS Form 1042S (requires two forms of identification) in the form provided by the Organization. The IRS Form W-9 must be executed and delivered at the time of surrender of the original winning raffle ticket.
- Verification. The winning Raffle ticket is subject to verification at the sole discretion of the Organization. Raffle tickets that are stolen, counterfeit, fraudulent, tampered with, defective, illegible, reproduced (including without limitation, copies), mutilated, or altered are not eligible. Only Raffle tickets obtained as described in these Official House Rules shall be deemed to have been obtained legitimately. Anti-fraud detection devices may be used for verification purposes. Raffle tickets will be void if they fail to pass anti-fraud detection measures, or, if determined by the Organization to be unauthorized, ineligible, illegitimately obtained, or if they contain an unauthorized message, code, number or other marking not issued by the Organization for use in the Raffle, or if they contain printing, typographical or other mechanical errors or are printed or produced in error, or are illegible, or unreadable or blank. The Organization shall have no liability or obligation to the holder of any void Raffle ticket. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Organization may, at its sole discretion and without obligation, elect to replace a void Raffle ticket with another one upon request. The Organization reserves the right to inspect and examine any void Raffle ticket prior to issuing a replacement. Replacements will be issued at the Organization’s sole discretion and will be denied in the event of non-compliance with these Official House Rules. The Organization is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen Raffle tickets, and will not replace lost, damaged or stolen Raffle tickets.
- Surrender. If the potential Prize Winner does not surrender the original winning Raffle ticket to the Organization or execute and deliver to the Organization an IRS Form W-9, as applicable, before the end of the Prize Expiration Date, or if the potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential Prize Winner does not comply with the Official House Rules, or if the Prize check is returned as undeliverable, then the potential Prize Winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- Multiple Prize Winners – Mistake. If by reason of printing or other error, more than one Prize winning Raffle ticket number is claimed in this Raffle, all eligible participants making purportedly valid claims for the Prize will be included in a random drawing to award the Prize. No more than one (1) Prize will be awarded in the Raffle. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each participant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Raffle, each Raffle ticket purchaser fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official House Rules and the decisions of the Organization (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of Raffle tickets, the verification of the winning Raffle ticket, and the redemption and award of the Prize), which are final and binding in all respects.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Raffle constitutes the Prize Winner’s consent to use by the Organization, FastBreak Foundation, the Minnesota Lynx, and Target Center (and their respective designees’, successors’ and assigns’) of the Prize Winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Organization reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Raffle process or the operation of the Raffle or to be acting in violation of these Official House Rules, or Minnesota statute or rule. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Raffle is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, the Organization will contact law enforcement and reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By purchasing a Raffle ticket, the participant agrees that the Organization is not responsible for (a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected Raffle tickets or redemption/claim requests or Raffle ticket or redemption/claim requests received or presented through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) unauthorized intervention in any part of the Raffle process or the Raffle; or (c) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Raffle or the processing of Raffle tickets or redemption/claim requests.
- OFFICIAL House RULES. These Official House Rules are available and posted at the Raffle kiosk at Target Center, or a copy can be obtained by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Split Raffle – House Rules Request,” c/o Ted Williams Museum and Hitters Hall of Fame, 1 Twins Way, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403.
- WINNER’S LIST. To request the Prize Winner’s name, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Split Raffle – Winner List Request,” c/o Ted Williams Museum and Hitters Hall of Fame, 1 Twins Way, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403. Requests must be received within ninety (90) days of Raffle.
- PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE. If you have a gambling problem, you may call 1-800-333-HOPE for help.